Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My Second Official Post


I must be on a roll! I wanted to post some pictures of the project I just completed today. I have been working on this for almost a year now. I made it one of my New Year's resolutions to finish all of my projects I have begun and focus on one at a time. So my goal is to stick to one project only until it is completed then go to the next one. This is good for me because I begin so many things at once then have something like 10 projects in some sort of in process stage. Like this dress I began for my daughter almost a year ago. After having boys then a girl, I couldn't wait to begin making cute dresses. My grandmother used to make smocked dresses for me as a girl, and I took up the craft too. I began this dress almost a year ago, and what with having a new baby and all that... It didn't get finished until today! This is a pattern called "Lily" from Beautiful Bishops. The top is smocked and embroidered. The hem is embroidered with a shadow embroidered bow with boullion roses and french lace. It has matching knickers too. A very special dress for a special girl!

2 comments:

Barrie Hamby said...

Your smocking is beautiful! I went "through" a smocking phase when my oldest was small. It's been a long time but I love the look and the talent it takes. Sorry about your inherited Bernina. It costs less to replace the motor than to buy another machine.
Berrie

Kathryn said...

I, too, made Hannah a smocked dress right about at the same age as Emily! However, it wasn't nearly as beautiful as this one!! To this day, my favorite type of crafting has to do with pulling thread with a needle. I LOVED smocking!